Folic acid PEG FITC, FITC PEG Folate
Folic acid PEG Fluorescein, Folic acid PEG FITC, MW 5000
Folic acid PEG Fluorescein, also called Folate PEG fluorescein, is one of Nanocs fluorescent folic acid PEG derivatives. Fluorescein is a bright green fluorescent dye with excitation/emission wavelength at 490 nm/520 nm. Fluorescent PEG can be easily traced with its fluorescent signal. Folic acid was covalently linked to PEG chain via its terminal carboxylic groups. Folic acid is also known as vitamin M, vitamin B9 or pteroyl-L-glutamic acid. Folic acid is an essential bioactive molecule for numerous biological functions. It participates in the synthesis, repairing and methylation of DNA as well as to act as a cofactor in many biological reactions. Folic acid is a ligand to folate receptors on cell surfaces. Fluorescein PEG folic acid is readily soluble in aqueous solution and it can be used to detect folate receoptors on cell membrane.
- Appearance (color): Yellow;
- Appearance (form): Solid;
- Functional group: Fluorescein;
- Excitation/emission wavelength: ~490 nm/~520 nm; Green fluorescence.
- Solubility: Soluble in water, DMSO, DMF.
- Store at -20 0C. Desiccate. Protect from light. Avoid frequent thaw and freeze.