8-Arm PEG NHS
Synonym: 8 arm NHS PEG, 8 branched PEG NHS, 8 armed PEG succinimidyl ester.
8 arm PEG NHS is one of Nanocs multi-armed reactive PEG derivatives have multiple NHS (Succinimidyl ester) groups that can be used to modify proteins, peptides and other materials via their reaction with primary amine groups. NHS reacts with amines rapidly at alkaline pH to form stable amide bond. 8 armed NHS PEG has been used to make hydrogels, modify nanoparticle surface and many other applications. PEGylation can increase solubility and stability and reduce immunogenicity of peptides and proteins. It can also suppress the non-specific binding of charged molecules to the modified surfaces. .
- Form: Solid
- Color: White to off-white
- Solubility: Soluble in water
- Reactive group: NHS (succinimidy ester)
- Reactive to: Primary amine (-NH2)
- Purity: >95%
- Applications: Hydrogel formation, surface modification
- Store at -20 0C. Desiccate. Avoid frequent thaw and freeze.
Click here to see hundreds of publications using Nanocs PEG.