4 Arm PEG NHS
Synonym: 4 arm NHS PEG, 4 branched PEG NHS, Star-shaped PEG NHS, 4 arm PEG succinimidyl ester
4 arm PEG NHS is one of Nanocs reactive multi-arm PEG derivatives that have multiple succinimidyl NHS groups that can be used to modify proteins, peptides and other materials via their amino groups. NHS reacts with primary amine groups rapidly at alkaline pH to form stable amide bonds. 4 arm NHS PEG has been used for hydrogel formation, nanoparticle surface modification and many other applications. PEGylation can increase solubility and stability and reduce immunogenicity of peptides and proteins. It can also suppress the non-specific binding of charged molecules to the modified surfaces. .
- Form: Semi-solid
- Color: Off-White
- Solubility: Soluble in water
- Reactive group: Succinimyl ester (NHS)
- Reactive to: Primary amine (-NH2)
- Purity: >95%
- Applications: Hydrogel synthesis, surface modification
- Store at -20 0C. Desiccate. Avoid frequent thaw and freeze.
Click here to see hundreds publications using Nanocs PEGs