Maleimide PEG, mPEG-MAL
Maleimide functionalized polyethylene glycol, Maleimide PEG is a sulfhydryl (thiol/SH) group reactive PEG derivative that can be used to selectively modify protein, peptide or any other surfaces with availablesulfhydryl groups. The reaction between maleimide and thiol proceeds readily at pH 6.5~7.5 to form stable thioether bonds.
- Off-white/white solid or viscous liquid depends on molecule weight;
- Soluble in regular aqeous solution as well as most organic solvents;
- Store at -20 0C, dessiccated. Avoid frequent thaw and freeze.
Generally, a 10- to 20-fold molar excess of Maleimide PEG over the amount of thiol-containing material results in sufficient conjugation.
- Pegylation buffer, PBS buffer, pH 7 or other thiol-free buffer at pH 7.
- Maleimide stock solution: 100 mg in 1 mL conjugation buffer.
- Washing solution: Distilled water or any aqueous buffer.
Dissolve targeted materials in conjugation buffer. Estimate the concentration thiol groups on the targeted materials. Add maleimide PEG stock solution to the targeted conjugation materials with the final concentration keep at least 10 mg/mL. 10~50 molar excess of PEG maleimide needed for optimal conjugation; Allow mixture agitates at room temperature for 2~4 hours at room temperature or overnight at 4 0C.Conjugate can be purified either by size exclusion chromatography or dialysis.