DBCO PEG Folic acid
DBCO PEG Folic acid, also called DBCO PEG folate, is one of Nanocs’ folic acid PEG derivatives that can go Click Chemistry reaction without a need of any metal catalysts. The strain-promoted 1,3-dipolar cycloaddition of cyclooctynes and azides, also termed as the Cu-free click reaction, is a bioorthogonal reaction that enables the conjugation of two molecules in aqueous solution. DBCO PEG folate derivatives possess fast kinetics and stability in aqueous buffer. DBCO reagents can be used to label azide-modified biomolecules spontaneous without the need for toxic Cu catalysts. Folic acid, is also known as vitamin M, vitamin B9 or pteroyl-L-glutamic acid. Folic acid is an essential bioactive molecule for numerous biological functions. It participates in the synthesis, repairing and methylation of DNA as well as to act as a cofactor in many biological reactions. DBCO functional folic acid can be easily attached to azide functionalized molecules, particles or solid surfaces.
- Yellow solid;
- Soluble in DMSO;
Copper-free Click reaction procedures:
- Prepare the azide-containing reagents in reaction solution.
- Add DBCO reagents to azide containing reagents. Add 1 mol equivalent of limiting reagent to 1.5~3.0 mol equivalents of abundance reagent.
- Incubate the reaction at room temperature for 2~4 hours or 2~12 hours at 4 0C.
- Purify conjugates either by dialysis or size-exclusion chromatograph.
- Store at -20 0C. Desicate. Protect from light. Avoid frequent thaw and freeze.