DBCO PEG Cy3
DBCO (dibenzocycolctyne) PEG Cy3 is a red fluorescent PEG derivative that can go Click Chemistry reaction without a need of any metal catalysts. The strain-promoted 1,3-dipolar cycloaddition of cyclooctynes and azides, also termed as the Cu-free click reaction, is a bioorthogonal reaction that enables the conjugation of two molecules in aqueous solution. DBCO PEG derivatives possess fast kinetics and stability in aqueous buffer. DBCO reagents can be used to label azide-modified biomolecules spontaneous without the need for toxic Cu catalysts. PEGylation can increase solubility and stability and reduce immunogenicity of peptides and proteins. It can also suppress the non-specific binding of charged molecules to the modified surfaces.
- Dark red solid or viscous liquid depends on molecule weight;
- Soluble in regular aqeous solution as well as most organic solvents;
Copper-free Click reaction procedures:
- Prepare the azide-containing reagents in reaction buffer.
- Add DBCO reagents to azide containing reagents. Add 1 mol equivalent of limiting reagent to 1.5~3.0 mol equivalents of abundance reagent.
- Incubate the reaction at room temperature for 2~4 hours or 2~12 hours at 4 0C.
- Purify conjugates either by dialysis or size-exclusion chromatograph.
- Store at -20 0C, dessicate. Protect from light. Avoid frequent thaw and freeze.