Pyrene PEG Aminooxy
Pyrene PEG Aminooxy, Pyrene-PEG-ONH2:
Pyrene PEG Aminooxy (Pyrene-PEG-ONH2 is one of Nanocs’ carbonyl reactive fluorescent dyes that can label polysaccharides and glycolated proteins or enzymes. Pyrene is a unique fluorescent dye that has exceptionally long excite-state lifetimes (>100 nanoseconds). The long excited-state life time of this dye makes it useful for time-resolved fluorescent immonoassays, probing oxygen in cells and lipid vesicles. Aminooxy (-ONH2) functionalized pyrene PEG dye reacts readily with aldehyde or ketone groups to form a stable oxime bond. Reaction between aminooxy and carbonyl group allows easy and quick conjugation of pyrene to polysaccharides and glycoproteins through aldehyde groups introduced by periodate oxidation. PEG linker between Pyrene and NHS group offers better water solubility, less steric hindrance and enhanced stability. Compared to other common fluorescent dyes, Nanocs’ reactive fluorescent PEG dyes are brighter, more stable and easier to use. All our reactive fluorescent PEG dyes can be used directly in aqueous buffer without need adding any organic solvents.
- Composition: Pyrene PEG Aminooxy
- Appearance: Colorless solid;
- Solubility: Soluble in aqueous buffer;
- Reactive group: Aminooxy (-ONH2);
- Reactive toward: Carbonyl (Aldehyde or ketone);
- Ex/Em wavelength: 339 nm/384 nm.
- Store at -20 0C. Desiccate. Protect from light. Avoid frequent thaw and freeze.