NHS-SS-PEG- Fluorescein is one of cleavable reactive fluorescent PEG dyes offered by Nanocs. FITC (Fluorescein) is a bright green fluorescent dye with exication/emission wavelength at 495/515 nm. NHS (succinimidyl ester) group can react with primary amine group at alkaline pH with high efficiency. Reaction between NHS and amine allows conjugation of FITC dye to proteins, antibodies, peptides, nuleic acids and other materials quickly and easily. Dithio bond (-SS-) between NHS and PEG fluorescein can be cleaved by dithiol reducing reagent such as DTT or TCEP, thus conjugated fluorescein dye can be released subsequently through reduction. PEG linker between NHS and fluorescein offers better water solubility, less steric hindrance and enhanced stability.
- Appearance: Organge/yellow solid;
- Solubility: Soluble in aqeous solution, DMSO or DMF;
- Reactive group: Succinimidyl ester (NHS);
- Reactive toward: Primary amine (-NH2);
- Excitation/Emission: 495 nm/515 nm;
- Store at -20 0C. Desiccate. Protect from light.