Biotin PEG400 NHS
Synonym: NHS PEG400 Biotin
Biotin PEG400 NHS is one of Nanocs pegylated biotinylation reagents. Biotin PEG400 NHS enables simple and efficient biotin labeling of proteins, antibodies or other amine containing molecules or particles. The hydrophilic polyethylene glycol (PEG) spacer arm imparts water solubility that is transferred to the biotinylated molecules , thus reducing aggregation of labeled substrates in solution. The PEG spacer arm also gives the biotin a long and flexible structure to minimize steric hindrance for binding to streptavidin or avdins. N-hydroxysulfosuccinimide NHS esters of biotin react efficiently with primary amino groups (-NH2) in alkaline buffer to form a stable amide bond.
- Appearance (color): Off-white;
- Appearance (form): Semi-solid;
- PEG length: PEG400, 8-10 PEG units;
- Reactive group: NHS;
- Reactive to: Primary amine group;
- Solubility: Soluble in DMSO, DMF;
- Application: Biotinylation.
- Store-20 0C. Desiccate.