Name: Succinimidyl 4-(maleimidomethyl)cyclohexane-1-carboxylate, SMCC
Synonym: 4-(N-Maleimidomethyl)cyclohexanecarboxylic acid N-hydroxysuccinimide ester
Description about SMCC:
SMCC, also called Succinimidyl cyclohexane Maleimide, is one of Nanocs' amine and sulfhydryl reactive crosslinkers. This crossliner is non-cleavable and membrane permeable. It contains an amine reactive NHS ester and a sulfhydryl reactive maleimide group. Compared to other maleimide NHS ester, SMCC has higher stability in aqueous solution because of its cyclohexane bridge. NHS esters react with primary amines at pH 7-9 while the maleimide group reacts with available thiol or sulfhydryl at pH 6.5~7.5 to form stable thioether bonds.
Physical Properties of SMCC:
- Appearance: Off-white/white solid;
- Molecular formula: C16H18N2O6;
- Molecular weight: 334.32;
- Spacer arm length: 8.3 angstrom, 9 atoms
- CAS number: 64987-85-5;
- Purity: >95%
- Soluble in DMF or DMSO;
Storage Conditions of SMCC:
- SMCC should be stored at -20 0C or lower. Desiccate. Avoid frequent thaw and freeze.