SPDP (Succinimidyl 3-[2-pyridyldithio] propionate)
SPDP Crosslinker Description:
Nanocs SnapLinkTM SPDP crosslinker, N–Succinimidyl 3-(2-pyridyldithio) propionic acid, also called N-succinimidyl 3-(2-pyridyldithio)-propionate, or OPSS-NHS, is a short-length crosslinker for amine to sulfhydryl (thiol) conjugation via its NHS-ester and pyridyldithiol reactive groups that form cleavable disulfide bonds with free thiol groups. Nanocs LC-SPDP is a long-length crossliker for amine to sulfhydryl conjugation via its NHS-ester and pyridyldithiol reactive groups that form cleavable disulfide bonds with free thiol groups.
In addition to above hydrophobic SPDP crosslinker, Nanocs also offer water-soluble SPDP crosslinker either with sulfonated NHS (Sulfo-SPDP) or Pegylated SPDP crosslinker, such as our PEG OPSS products. These SPDP crosslinkers are heterobifunctional and thiol cleavable crosslinkers.
SPDP Crosslinker Physical Properties:
- Appearance: Off-white/white solid;
- Reactive groups: NHS ester and pyridyldithiol;
- Reactive towards: amino (amine) and sulfhydryl (thiol) groups;
- SPDP crosslinker is membrane permeable;
- Solubility: Soluble in DMF or DMSO;
- Adding thiol/sulfhydryl groups to proteins, antibodies or other molecules by reacting with amine groups;
- Reversible crosslinking of proteins or other molecules;
SPDP Storage Conditions:
- Store at -20 0C, desicate. Avoid frequent thaw and freeze.
|PG1-OS-5k , Ortho-pyridine disulfide PEG, mPEG-OPSS|