Name: LC-SMCC, Long chain-succinimidyl 4-(maleimidomethyl)cyclohexane-1-carboxylate
Synonym: LC-SMCC, long chain 4-(N-Maleimidomethyl)cyclohexanecarboxylic acid N-hydroxysuccinimide ester
LC-SMCC, also called Long chain succinimidyl cyclohexane Maleimide, is one of Nanocs' amine and sulfhydryl reactive crosslinkers. This crossliner is non-cleavable and membrane permeable. It contains an amine reactive NHS ester and a sulfhydryl reactive maleimide group. Compared to other maleimide NHS ester, LC-SMCC has higher stability in aqueous solution because of its cyclohexane bridge. NHS esters react with primary amines at pH 7-9 while the maleimide group reacts with available thiol or sulfhydryl at pH 6.5~7.5 to form stable thioether bonds.
Physical Properties of SMCC:
- Appearance: Off-white/white solid;
- Molecular formula: C22H29N3O7;
- Molecular weight: 447.48;
- Reactive to: Sulfhydryl and primary amine group;
- Purity: >95%
- Soluble in DMF or DMSO;
Storage Conditions of LC-SMCC:
- LC-SMCC should be stored at -20 0C or lower. Desiccate. Avoid frequent thaw and freeze.