Pyrene PEG Maleimide
Pyrene PEG Maleimide:
Pyrene PEG Maleimide is one of Nanocs’ thiol reactive fluorescent dyes that can label proteins, antibodies, peptides, nucleic acid or particles. Pyrene is a unique fluorescent dye that has exceptionally long excite-state lifetimes (>100 nanoseconds). The long excited-state life time of this dye makes it useful for time-resolved fluorescent immonoassays, probing oxygen in cells and lipid vesicles. Maleimide functionalized pyrene PEG dye reacts readily with free thiol groups at pH 6.5~7.5 to form a stable thioether bond. Reaction between maleimide and thiol groups allows easy and quick conjugation of pyrene to biomolecules. PEG linker between Pyrene and maleimide group offers better water solubility, less steric hindrance and enhanced stability. Compared to other common fluorescent dyes, Nanocs’ reactive fluorescent PEG dyes are brighter, more stable and easier to use. All our reactive fluorescent PEG dyes can be used directly in aqueous buffer without need adding any organic solvents.
- Composition: Pyrene PEG Maleimide
- Appearance: Colorless solid;
- Solubility: Soluble in aqueous buffer;
- Reactive group: Maleimide;
- Reactive toward: Sulfhydryl (-SH);
- Excitation/Emission wavelength: 339 nm/384 nm.
- Store at -20 0C. Desiccate. Protect from light. Avoid frequent thaw and freeze.