Biotin-PEG45-SS-NHS is one of Nanocs' SnapLink™ biotinylation reagents. Biotin-PEG-SS-NHS is a pegylated, water soluble, cleavable and amine reactive derivative of biotins. Biotin PEG dithiol NHS enables simple and efficient biotin labeling of proteins, antibodies or other amine containing molecules or particles. The hydrophilic polyethylene glycol (PEG) spacer arm imparts water solubility that is transferred to the biolinylated molecules , thus reducing aggregation of labeled proteins in solution. The PEG spacer arm also gives the biotin a long and flexible structure to minimize steric hindrance for binding to streptavidin or avdins. N-hydroxysulfosuccinimide NHS esters of biotin react efficiently with primary amino groups (-NH2) in alkaline buffer to form a stable amide bond. Meanwhile, dithiol bond in this Biotin PEG can be easily cleaved with common disulfide bond reducing reagents such as DTT, TCEP, etc. Nanocs provides a variety of high purity biotin and its derivatives for various biotinylation and bioassay applications. These functional biotin products were purified by chromatography to remove impurities and ensure adequate applications both in-vitro and in-vivo.
- Appearance (color): White;
- Appearance (form): Powder;
- PEG type: 45 PEG units, around 2000 Da PEG linker;
- Reactive group: NHS ester;
- Reactive to: Primary amine group;
- Linkage type: Dithiol, cleavable;
- Solubility: Soluble in water, DMSO and DMF;
- Store-20 0C or lower, desiccate. Protect from moisture.